LUA code mod builder/GUI mod builder

I do not know if this is a thing but perhaps 2 types of mod development
One where you can open and edit the games LUA code and the other as a block code style GUI.
Having the GUI perhaps editing character models and food and animations or even making your players be able to have emoticon

What do you mean? Like a drag and drop?

I’ll explain Block Coding. So basically it’s like block commands. Like a command on a shape. You put the “Blocks” together vertically to make a simple code. Usually the command on the block says what it’ll do.
Hope that made sense

Ex: the code function that would mean loop make “Logan” dance 10 times would read in blocks

[Loop [10] [make “[Logan]” dance x[10]]]
In a GUI each [value] would be a different block.

I honestly don’t think it’s worth Dave’s time to implement a “block” coding style… lua is an incredibly simple language. Here’s a loop that I bet anyone can understand.

for i = 1, 10 do
  print("Do something", i)
end

I’m gonna guess this means set variable I to 0 add 1 to I per time (do something) is done and once Variable I is at 10 proceed to next process???

I can pretty much say with 100% certainty that I wont be creating a GUI to create mods, so you’ll need to edit lua code. As @Bibliophile said, lua is a pretty friendly language :slight_smile:

I,agine a moddded program to make ambience mods!

I don’t understand that. I’m only in 4th grade…

thinks: how am I gonna create mods… :sob:

Someone else might make a mod which adds a GUI to the game, which then can be used to make further changes directly from within the game. Technically someone could even make a separate GUI application which does exactly what you want and modifies the game’s scripts in major ways using a graphical interface. So it’s all possible, but it just comes down to what people want to do. I’m pretty excited about seeing what everyone comes up with :slight_smile:

Wait, but what if someone hacks the game, without using mods?

Like for example, let’s say The Blockheads had a mod adder. Someone made a hack- like mod without even making a mod.

Ok, that doesn’t even make sense, but… whatever.

Fantastic! I’m already experienced in Lua so this is great :slight_smile:

In the basic terms, hacks are essentially already mods. The term “hack” is used in place of “mod” when the game isn’t meant to be edited. In the case of Ambience, modifying the code is encouraged, therefore I would presume any “hacking” is considered perfectly fine. (Assuming it doesn’t violate any ToS, that is.)