Ambience Video Devblog #19 - Digging & Building

Ambience Video Devblog #19 - Digging & Building 13 APR 2018 • 1 min read In this video I show the new interface for modifying the terrain by digging and filling, and show the new experimental dirt floors and branch walls.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ambiencegame.com/2018/04/13/devlog-19.html

Amazing progress Dave! The video seemed a bit jittery when you were building something and rotating. Is this evident on your end or was it some artifact of YouTube compression?

I think it’s just the fast movement causing issues with the video compression, there aren’t any issues while playing.

Nice, Ambience looks like it has come a long way in the past few years. Excited to see what you do next.

I love the animations. The one where it places down a dirt block with both hands is so cute! You’ve made a lot progress so far Dave, really nice to see the development in a video alongside with your chatting & explanation.

The progress you’ve made on this game so far is amazing! Excited to see Devblog #20! Can’t wait to play the game!

This gameplay is similar to the blockheads, only more beautiful :slight_smile:

This is cool. I really want to see how snapping, overlaps, and terrain elevation affect building. That’s what has me worried the most.

Fair enough too, it’s a complicated problem that a lot of games don’t handle all that well. I’m focusing on that now, will probably keep focusing on it until I’m happy with it.