Ambience Video Devblog #18 - Eating Apples

Ambience Video Devblog #18 - Eating Apples 6 MAR 2018 • 1 min read In this video I show the new morph target based random face generation, the new concept of hunger, and picking and eating apples from trees.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ambiencegame.com/2018/03/06/devlog-18.html

Amazing progress Dave! I really like how the faces have turned out.

While I appreciate that you were able to cover everything you wanted with a script, I really enjoyed the more rambly discussion where you talked about where the game is going on the fly.

I think a good threat could be other tribes. Then you’re even more pressured to advance further than the other tribe(s).

Keep up the good work! :+1:

Sounds like you’d be getting into a full blown version of Civilization then. And really what would be the consequences?

This really is getting along pretty well though. Keep up the hard work.

Oops, I’m a bit late to the party. I just wanted to talk about using a script for the video.

The advantages are that you know what you want to talk about and you can communicate it faster (because less “hmmmm what now”). Which is good. However, while listening to the video it does sound a lot like you’re just reading words rather than actually talking about the game, and I didn’t really like that because part of the fun for me is hearing in your voice how excited you are about the progress you’ve made since the last video. Strange but true. I think the best thing you could do is write a small overview plan of what you want to talk about, but don’t write down the exact words you want to say, just make a little list of “talk about the new faces, talk about the rivers, talk about the options menu”.

Idk. I think this would make the videos better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If cloudrac3r thought they were late, I’m a thousand times later!

Expanding on Porky’s idea, maybe there can be tribes that raid your tribe. (steal your stuff, damage your stuff, ETC). Maybe you can even fight back!

I bet I will be the most late! I made a post about that. I think it would be really cool if the game could progress far enough that there are multiple tribes around the globe. Maybe there could be a happiness aspect where if happiness is low tribe members will defect to other tribes? Just an idea

Let’s see…

It’s usually a good idea to not reply to old topics (bumping), especially if you have already made a new topic to discuss the same thing.

Sorry, every topic is old it seems like though.

So players will be like making tutorials, “how to breed handsome guys in Ambience”